How To make Sea Moss Gel
What is Sea Moss Gel ?
Sea Moss gel is one of the most popular products made from raw sea moss. The gel makes it much easier to use and consume sea moss. Sea Moss gel makes it very convenient and easy to consume sea moss, many users prefer the gel for cooking and baking.
How Do You Make Sea Moss Gel?
Making the gel is very simple. It comes down to rinsing and rehydrating the dried moss, which transforms into very gelatinous strands. In the Caribbean we use spices to add the flavour of the Caribbean to the sea moss.
The best sea moss gel is made from our St Lucia sea moss and we add a combination of cinnamon, bay leaf, nutmeg and star anise to the mix, it simply makes the sea moss gel perfect !
These spices enrich the nutritional content of the sea moss even more and boost the flavour the Caribbean way. It is very important to add the various spices as they complement the sea moss gel very well.
SEA MOSS GEL RECIPE
1 Packet of St Lucian Sea Moss
6 Star Anise
10 Bay Leaves
1 Grated Whole Nutmeg
- Put sea moss to soak overnight in water and lemon/lime skin
- Add water, spices and sugar to a pot and bring it to a broil
- When it is done, strain the spiced water into a bowl
- Rinse and add your sea moss to the spiced water
- Soak until sea moss becomes translucent
- Blend until smooth
- Allow the solution to cool and place it in the refrigerator overnight, allowing it to gel
This sea moss gel kit / pack contains everything needed to make the best sea moss gel.
How can I make sea moss gel ?
Turning raw sea moss into gel is very easy process, the sea moss is blended together with a mirage of spices and water that creates the perfect superfood. Sea moss gel is perfect for people on the go who need that daily boost!
This superfood is commonly known as sea moss gel. The sea moss gel kit/pack contains everything needed to make sea moss gel. It is estimated that one ounce (1oz) can make approximately half a gallon of sea moss gel.
What are the benefits of consuming sea moss gel ?
Sea moss gel benefits :
- Rich in amino acids and vitamins that help us fight off disease.
- Great at helping the body expel excess mucus when you have a cold or virus.
- Beneficial to balancing our gut bacteria and improving digestive system health.
- Effective when it comes to reducing inflammation.
- Important and useful when it comes to our gut health.
- Reportedly soothing to skin conditions such as eczema, acne, and psoriasis.
- Potentially beneficial when it comes to fertility issues and weight loss.
- Quick solution for people on the go, quickly add to your smoothie.