Virgin Coconut Oil
This Virgin Coconut Oil is packed using the best quality packaging material.
It is rich in lauric acid which protects your heart by reducing total cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol. the fatty acids and breakdown products in coconut oil can kill harmful pathogens, potentially helping to prevent infections. one of the main carrier oils in massaging which helps in promoting healthy looking skin.
- Is excellent for baking cookies, cakes and pies.
- Simply add a spoonful on top of your porridge.
- Use it instead of butter on your potatoes or vegetables.
- Unrefined coconut oil melts at 24-25°C (76°F) and smokes at 177°C (350°F). So, it’s not good for high-temperature frying.
- Good for lower temperature sauteing.
- Is slow to oxidize so is resistant to rancidity. It will last up to two years due to its high saturated fat content. It is best stored in solid form below 24.5°C [76°F].
Where to buy Virgin Coconut Oil?
It can be purchased online via the online store. There is also the option of purchasing at one of the local distributors on island.
Coconut oil is also great for the skin:
- Since it moisturizes skin, try it on your body and as a lip balm.
- Excellent massage oil.
- It can be used as make-up remover. Still need to try that one myself!