St Lucia Purple Sea Moss
St Lucia Purple Sea Moss has many minerals and anti-inflammatory compounds. Research is just starting to evaluate this nutrient-dense sea plant for all it could possibly do for human health.
Purple Sea Moss Health Benefits
Although sea moss has been used for centuries, recent interest in its health benefits were revitalized by Dr. Sebi a popular celebrity herbalist. With its growing popularity, scientists are beginning to evaluate some of the possible purple moss benefits. Here are a few of the research highlights we have discovered so far:
- Rich in nutrients. Purple sea moss is rich in many important nutrients, including folate, iodine, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus.
- Source of healthy fats. The Western diet is notoriously low in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids. Sea moss provides a much needed source of these essential fats to your diet.
- Source of vegan protein. Sea moss contains all nine essential amino acids. Purple sea moss is 47% protein in dry weight and can be used as an additional protein source in all diets, but particularly for those that eat plant-based.
- Loaded with bioactive compounds. Certain chemical compounds found in purple sea moss may have health benefits, particularly related to decreasing inflammation and supporting immune health. Further research is needed to evaluate these powerful ingredients.
- Supports skin health. Sea moss is rich in sulfur, a mineral known to soothe and heal skin. It also contains vitamins E, A, and K which can help nourish skin.
- Enhances gut health. One of the sea moss benefits is that it is a prebiotic, or a type of fiber that helps feed the healthy bacteria in your gut. A healthy digestive system is the foundation of long-term health.
- Supports immune function. Animal studies have found that purple sea moss has antibacterial properties that may induce a protective immune response against viruses and bacteria in the digestive system.
- Protects cognitive function. A 2015 study found that purple sea moss may have neuroprotective effects and should be further evaluated as a possible treatment for cognitive decline.
- Supports heart health. The bioactive compounds in sea moss have been found to help regulate blood pressure and may have protective effects for the heart.
- Demonstrates potential as an anti-cancer agent. Carrageenan has been found to have anti-cancer activity, although further research is needed to determine exactly how it can be utilized for this purpose.
- May reduce allergies. A 2006 study found that regular seaweed intake was associated with a decreased prevalence of allergies. This particular study did not evaluate purple sea moss specifically, but the overall nutrient composition is likely similar.
The best purple wildcrafted St Lucian Sea Moss
Wildcrafted Purple Sea Moss from off the coast of St Lucia.
Soak for 24 hours, rinse, and add to smoothies.